Masterclass in Uppsala, 18-20 October 2022
Musicum at Uppsala University is organizing a masterclass on the interpretation of Swedish lieder for duos (singers and pianists) with two of our country's most distinguished artists, mezzo-soprano Anne Sofie von Otter and pianist Bengt Forsberg.
- Tuesday 18 October, evening time (to be announced later)
Lecture by Ola Nordenfors, Ph.D. in Comparative Literature and senior lecturer at the Department of Literature at Uppsala University, on romance and Swedish lieder.
- Wednesday 19 October - Thursday 20 October
Masterclass with Anne Sofie von Otter and Bengt Forsberg. Eight duos will perform. Each will receive two lessons of approx. 40 minutes’ length, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday.
- Thursday, 20 October, at 6.00 p.m.
Concert at Musicum with the participants from the masterclass.
The repertoire consists only of Swedish lieder with focus on Hugo Alfvén's compositions.
The venue of the master class is Musicum at Kyrkogårdsgatan 4, Uppsala, Sweden (link to Google Maps).
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the participants. Subsidized hotel rooms will be made available.
- Cost: SEK 1000/ person for active participants. The fee includes, in addition to the lessons, two lunches. Audience participation is free of charge.
We are inviting duos from the Nordic countries. Applications are restricted to duos and not to individual performers. The application must include a video in which two Swedish lieder of different character are performed. At least one piece must be by Hugo Alfvén.
The application form below must be submitted no later than 1 June 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Måwe, producer at Musicum.